So, it is safe to say that I am definitely not the “dessert queen”. This is probably a good thing for my waist line but not such a good thing after trying to knock this recipe together. However, after a failed attempt, we are good to go! :)
Makes 5 pancakes
50g coconut flour
175ml koko milk or rude health coconut milk or almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of baking powder
sprinkle of sea salt
25 raspeberries (or blueberries)
40g white chocolate chips or for better quality chopped up Green & Blacks Organic white chocolate
OR use dark chocolate or raw cacao nibs if you prefer
Coconut oil for cooking
1. In a food processor (I used the nutri bullet),blend the eggs, coconut flour, koko milk. cinnamon, baking powder, honey and sea salt to form a batter.
2. I do find gluten free pancakes a bit more difficult to flip so I cheat and shove them under the grill. So turn the oven grill on.
3. In a good non-stick pan heat 1/2 a tsp of coconut oil. Make sure the pan is nice and hot.
4. Pour in about 1/5th of the mixture. It will be quite thick so swirl it around a bit to get a more flat pancake. Then place 5 raspberries into the batter and sprinkle with the white chocolate chips. (Note I used a combination of raspberry an white chocolate and blueberries and dark chocolate)
5. Once the pancake looks ready to flip (this is usually when air bubbles start to appear and the edges are looking solid), place the pan under the grill for 1-2 minutes to cook the top. Removed from the pan and plate up. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
6. Serve with probiotic yoghurt, coconut yoghurt or kefir.