* for low FODMAP remove the onions from the recipe and use garlic infused olive oil.
Macro’s per serving (4 servings): 479kcal, 4gC, 26gF,53gP
1kg skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 large red onion, finely sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 red chilli, finely sliced
½ tbsp grated turmeric root
1 tbsp grated ginger
400g of tinned tomatoes
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat to olive oil on a medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes before adding the turmeric, chilli, ground cumin and ground coriander.
- Allow the flavours to combine in the pan for 2 minutes before adding the chicken thighs. Stir the thighs around the pan to ensure that the meat is coated in the spices. Make sure all the meat becomes sealed by the heat and allow to brown.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the juice of 1 lemon.
- Serve with boiled rice and green vegetables.
- Always tastes better the next day too! :)