I am continuously bringing up the health benefits of liver. Nature’s multi-vitamin and anexcellent source of B-vitamins (important for our energy systems and fat burning) and vitamin A (important for gut health).
Many people struggle with liver but would eat liver pate. This recipe is super simple and idiot proof. Although, I must warn you, if fat loss is your goal go easy on the portion sizes as it is loaded with fat (part of the reason it is so delicious.
Six servings containing 201kcal, 0gC, 9gP, 19gF
1 handful sage leaves, finely sliced
1 sprig of rosemary, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
300g chicken livers
75ml single cream
25g coconut butter, melted
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan, add the sage, rosemary and garlic and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken livers and allow to brown and cook through, approx. 5 or 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream, black pepper and melted coconut butter.
- Blend in a food processor and pour into individual ramekins or a single pot.
- Refrigerate for approximately 3 hours.
- Serve with oat cakes, gluten free crackers or sourdough bread.