1tbsp coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 medium red onion, finely sliced
1 piece of turmeric root, grated
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 large sprig of rosemary
1 tin of plum tomatoes, chopped
75ml organic white wine
500g venison mince
150g chicken livers
4-6 medium sweet potatoes
sour cream / hard cheese for serving
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and place the sweet potatoes in the oven. They will need approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to cook. As a faster alternative they can also be cooked for about 8 minutes in the microwave.
2. Add the coconut oil to a large pan to melt and heat. Add the onions, garlic, paprika and turmeric root and allow to saute in the pan for about 3 or 4 minutes.
3. When the onions become translucent add the venison mince by breaking it into the pan. Stir continuously to break down the mince and ensure it becomes completely brown. Add the wine and allow the ingredients to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes and rosemary sprig.
4. Simmer down the liquid in the pan for about 10 minutes. While this is happening add the liver to a food processor and liquefy. When there is only a small amount of liquid remaining in the pan add the chicken livers.
5. Stir the chicken livers into the pan and allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and remove the rosemary sprig. Add any salt or pepper required but the flavours are very rich so little additional seasoning may be required.
6. Remove the sweet potatoes from the microwave or oven. Slit in half with a sharp knife. Spoon the mince mixture into the potato and garnish with grated hard cheese or a spoonful of sour cream. Serve with vegetables or salad of your choice.